Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
This is a multi-faceted, self-starting, deadline-driven position, where the individual is in charge of editorial/copy content for 605 Magazine, 605 Weddings, 605 Creative Co., and 605 Rentals.
The main focus of this position entails:
- Organizing the table of contents for 605 Magazine and 605 Weddings.
- Scheduling photo shoots and interviews, including calling/emailing to set them up and then organizing them into proper documents and placing the schedule in Google Calendar.
- Writing articles for each issue and online-only articles, and meeting deadlines for print and online articles.
- Curating and creating the monthly event calendar and placing it on 605magazine.com.
- Assisting the lead multimedia designer with print upload.
- Working on editorial projects for 605 Creative Co., like newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Copy-editing each issue, company websites, and other projects.
- Creating newsletters for 605 Magazine and 605 Weddings.
- Assisting with planning other content, like the 605 Show podcast and social media videos.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assembling 605 swag for clients/interviewees.
- Organizing and sending out photo galleries to clients and interviewees.
- Assisting with delivery day, like receiving magazines and helping with refills (and delivery day distribution if needed).
- Working at events like the 605 Summer Classic.
- Assisting the 605 on shoots, like organizing and loading gear, carrying gear, helping with audio and other gear setup.
- Assisting with photo and video project management when applicable, including client relations, and creating project documents.
- Keeping the office clean and organized to streamline processes.
- Self starter.
- Team collaborator.
- Excels at quick turnarounds, delegation, management, and deadlines.
- Comfortable with calls/the phone. Interviews in person, virtually, or on the phone.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Excel, Drive, etc.
- Organization and attention to detail to keep track of clients, deliverables and deadlines, and more.
- Familiarity with Adobe.
- Social media marketing experience.
- Photography/photo editing experience.
- Experience with WordPress.
- Salary for full time or hourly for part time.
605 is a small business with a big love for our state. We are a publication company, and are also a creative agency offering photography, video, writing, and design services. The company also has several vacation and extended stay rentals in the Black Hills and Sioux Falls.
We’re a small group of talented creatives, using our 605 brand to celebrate South Dakota, whether it’s through our publications, websites, social media channels, or with our marketing clients.
Together, we’ve collaborated on award-winning content, including statewide and national awards.