Job Type: Full-Time
This is a multi-faceted, self-starting, deadline-driven position, where the individual is responsible for creating, selling, and implementing custom advertising packages for 605 Magazine and 605 Weddings issues, 605 Creative Co. marketing projects, and 605 events for the South Dakota and surrounding markets.
The main focus of this position entails:
- Creating an individual portfolio of advertising and marketing clients for 605 by doing market research, making cold calls, having sales meetings, creating custom package proposals, closing the clients, and retaining clients.
- Assisting 605’s ownership with organizing sales and marketing clients via scheduling meetings, keeping detailed client/meeting notes, creating custom package proposals, client follow ups, creating/sending/filing contracts, and client retention.
- Brainstorming creative and successful package ideas for each client for solo and team sales. When applicable, helping implement these ideas.
- Account management, such as working with the 605 team on ad creation and ad placement, making ad call reminders, sending thank you’s and issues to clients and partners, and organizing custom marketing package deliverables.
- Assisting the 605 team with scheduling photo shoots and stories, including calling/emailing to set up itineraries and organizing them into proper itinerary documents, and placing the schedule in Google Calendar.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assembling media kit info for solo meetings and 605 ownership meetings. Includes any swag for meetings, like 605 stickers, popcorn, etc.
- Organizing and keeping track of distribution spots and brainstorming new and replacement distribution locations.
- Assisting with delivery day, like receiving magazines and mailing and filing issues.
- Assisting the 605 ownership with invoice and statement reminders.
- Assisting the 605 on shoots, like organizing and loading gear, carrying gear, helping with audio and other gear setup.
- Assisting with photo and video project management when applicable, including client relations, and creating project documents.
- Keeping the office clean and organized to streamline processes.
- Self starter.
- Team collaborator.
- Excels at quick turnarounds, delegation, management, and deadlines.
- Very comfortable with cold calls/the phone, meetings in person, virtually, or on the phone, networking and growing their network, and taking steps to close sales.
- Proficiency in sales CRM tools, like Insightly.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Excel, Drive, etc.
- Organization and attention to detail to keep track of clients, deliverables and deadlines, current and past due invoices, and more.
- Familiarity with Adobe.
- Social media marketing experience.
- Photography/photo editing experience.
- Salary with commission.
605 is a small business with a big love for our state. We are a publication company, and are also a creative agency offering photography, video, writing, and design services. The company also has several vacation and extended stay rentals in the Black Hills and Sioux Falls.
We’re a small group of talented creatives, using our 605 brand to celebrate South Dakota, whether it’s through our publications, websites, social media channels, or with our marketing clients.
Together, we’ve collaborated on award-winning content, including statewide and national awards.