Don’t know what to do for your sweetheart? Surprise them with the most important meal of the day. Show your Valentine you care with homemade breakfast from the heart. Think anything heart-shaped, pink or red.
French Toast with a Heart
– Texas toast, brioche, or your favorite French toast bread.
– 3 eggs
– 1 1/2 C milk
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Red food coloring
– Lightly coat griddle with non-stick spray. Preheat griddle.
– Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
– Separate half of mixture into another bowl.
– Add several drops of red food coloring and stir, until a bright red color is achieved.
– Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to remove the center from each piece of bread.
– Dip both sides of bread exterior in uncolored egg mixture. Put it on the hot griddle.
– Immediately dip both sides of heart cutout in red egg mixture. Replace in center of bread.
– Allow French toast to cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until it turns a golden brown.
– 1 1/2 C flour
– 3 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 T sugar
– 1 1/4 C Milk
– 1 egg
– 3 T melted butter
– Lightly coat preheated griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
– Pour dry ingredients into gallon storage bag, seal and shake.
– Add egg, milk, vanilla and butter. Seal and squish around until thoroughly mixed.
– Press all of your batter toward one corner. Use scissors to cut the corner off and pipe batter into heart shape.
– Fill in the center of your heart.
– Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until the appearance of new bubbles on raw surface has slowed.
– Flip and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
Other uses for your heart-shaped cookie cutter
– Smoked salmon
– Sausage patties
– Cookies (obviously)
– Heart-shaped sandwiches
– Canadian bacon, pepperoni, or salami slices for pizza
– Cheese slices to serve with crackers