They’re compact, they burn up to 15 minutes, and best of all – you can likely make them from items already in your home!
What You Need:
– Egg Carton
– Dryer Lint
– Dental Floss
– Candle Ends
– Disposable Jar or Tin Can
– Medium Pot
1. Cut apart individual sections of the egg carton.
2. Stuff carton sections with lint.
3. Fold tops down over the lint, tie securely shut with dental floss.
4. Place candle bits in the jar, then put the jar in a pot with a few inches of water.
5. Bring water to a boil.
6. Once the wax is completely melted, turn off the burner.
7. Using the remaining length of floss (and possible an additional utensil), dip each fire starter into the wax until it is fully submerged.
8. Place fire starters on a piece of waxed paper to dry for two hours.
9. Store in a cool, dry place.
*Tip: Allow leftover wax to harden in jar and keep for future use.