Image by Laura Kate Photography.
So you have been single for a while or you're feeling it's time to get back in the game. Here are a few tips to get you ready to date again.
- Make a list and check it twice. This list should consist of deal-breakers and what you want in the person you date. If they don’t have the most important items on your list, like a job, car, not living with their mom, then don’t waste your time.
- Feel confident. Get your hair done, get a manicure, a new outfit or two, or some new shoes! If you look good you will feel good. Have at least three date ready outfits on stand by!
- Have a friend take some recent pics of you or set up the timer on your camera. If you are going to Internet date you need fresh pics!
- PMA-Positive Mental Attitude! This helps in all aspects of your life, but especially when things get frustrating and you start telling yourself things like “I will never find anyone” or “I'm bound to be single all my life.” Remember your list of deal-breakers and know there is that person out there looking for you too.
- Last but not least, make sure you're ready! If you need closure from a past relationship, get it taken care of so you can start fresh and not have the burden of unfinished business on your mind!
Give yourself a couple weeks to take care of those five things and then let the dating begin! What a great way to start off the new year!
Listen to Mel on Hot 104.7 on weekday mornings and middays!