We spend the summer applying and reapplying the SPF, but it just takes one slip-up to end up with itchy, fiery skin. Here are a few simple ways to treat the burn right at home.
- Add one cup of apple cider vinegar to a cool bath. This helps to balance the pH and promote healing.
- Soak in an oatmeal bath to relieve itching.
- Use a washcloth to apply cool (not cold) milk to your skin. The protein film will help ease the burning sensation.
- Create a cucumber paste by blending chilled slices. Apply to your burned facial area.
- Applying freshly brewed black tea with a clean cloth can pull heat away. The tannic acid also helps restore pH balance.