Ditch the calories [but not the creativity] at your Halloween get-together.
- 3 C rolled oats
- 1 ¼ C raw pecans
- ⅓ C raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 T sugar
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ C coconut or olive oil
- ⅓ C maple syrup
- ⅓ C pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix oats, nuts, seeds, spices, sugar and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto two baking sheets and bake for 22-33 minutes, stirring a bit when halfway done.
- Once the granola is golden brown (usually about 25 minutes), remove from oven
and let cool completely. It will crisp up
as it cools.
- Transfer to an airtight container and enjoy!
Healthy “Candy Corn”
- Pineapple, cut into bite-sized chunks
- Oranges (or Cuties), cut into bite-sized chunks
- Whipped cream
- Candy corn
- In a clear glass container, layer pineapple, oranges and whipped cream.
- Top with a couple pieces of candy corn.
- Serve right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.