This downtown Sioux Falls staple is a must-stop for its ever-changing selection of craft beer on tap (39 to be exact) and in bottles and cans, including offerings from its brewery, Gandy Dancer Brew Works. What some might not know is that Monks also has “savory grub” with unique twists on classic dishes (if anything, try one of their pizzas).
Monk’s Salmon Burger
- 1 Bun
- Sriracha Hot sauce
- 1 Salmon patty
- 1 Slice Pepper Jack Cheese
- Korean kimchi (Monks purchases theirs from Than Mai)
- Kuro goma (black toasted sesame seeds)
- Chop kimchi finely and set aside.
- Spread butter on bun and toast.
- Cook salmon burger patty in oven or in a pan until cooked and crispy on the outside.
- Place cheese on patty and melt.
- Mix a little sriracha with mayonnaise to your preferred spice level and spread on bun.
- Place cooked patty with melted cheese on bun.
- Top with kimchi and sprinkle with kuro goma.
- Slice sammy in half and munch away!
Black Diamond Double Cascadian Dark Ale
- 11 lb. Rahr (Minnesota) 2-Row Barley
- .67 lb. Weyermann Malting (Germany) Carafa Special type III
- .59 lb. Castle Malting (Belgium) Biscuit Malt
- .59 lb. Patagonia Malt (Chile) Caramel 55 Malt
- .51 lb. Weyermann Malting (Germany) Carafoam
- .34 lb. Patagonia Malt (Chile) Dark Chocolate L-450 Malt
- 1 oz. Warrior (US) 16%AA (First Wort Hop Boiled 90m)
- .5 oz. Pacific Gem (NZ) 14%AA (30m)
- .5 oz. Zeus (US) 15.5%AA (15m)
- .65 oz. Amarillo (US) 8.5%AA (10m)
- .85 oz. Pacific Gem (NZ) 4%AA (5m)
- .5 oz. Northern Brewer (GER) 8%AA (5m)
- .5 oz. Cascade (US) 5.5%AA (5m)
- .65 oz. Pacific Gem (NZ) 14%AA (1m)
- .65 oz. Northern Brewer (GER) 8%AA (1m)
- 1 oz. Centennial (US) 10%AA (Dry Hopped)
- 1 oz. Cascade (US) 5.5%AA (Dry Hopped)
- OG: 1.076
- FG: 1.019
- Color (SRM): 28.2
- Alcohol: 7.5%
- Bitterness (IBU): 107
- Mash 147 Degrees for 60m.
- Whirlpool/Hop-Stand for 15m.
- Ferment at 68 degrees for two weeks.
- Transfer to secondary if preferred, dry hop one week.
- Package or keg.
- Share and enjoy!
A Peek at the Menu
Green Bean Fries
Onion-battered green beans with ranch.
Hard-boiled eggs, seasoned pork, and dipping sauce.
Corned beef, kraut, 1000 Island, Swiss, Marble Rye.
Bang the Dragon
BBQ sauce, chicken, red onion, jalapeño, mozzarella, and cheddar.
Mashed Potato Pizza
Mashed potatoes, tomato, bacon, cheddar, a drizzle of ranch, and chives.