By Denise DePaolo Photos by Dan Thorson Photography “Me and my dad love George Carlin. My dad might like George Carlin talking about some political stuff. I might like George Carlin where he’s doing his anti-religion stuff. But then we both...
By Denise DePaolo Photos by Dan Thorson “I’ve lived other places and I just get tired of being in a city and I get tired of being in mountains. For some reason, I prefer life here. I prefer flat land. I...
Parenthood is expensive. All of the darling little outfits, Boppys, breastfeeding bras and thousands of other "must have" items can really add up. This became clear to Lafawn Janis three years ago when she was preparing to have her...
By Aaron Vidal Photo of Les by Kerry McDonald; Inspiration Hills Photos by Les McLarty A long-time recreational disc golf player, Les McLarty – a local father and a line-service technician by day – has slowly grown frustrated with the lack...
By Denise DePaolo “A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has...
When the healthcare industry began the shift from paper to digital, DocuTAP was one of the first show up at the party. The Sioux Falls-based company (whose software is used today in urgent care facilities in 45 states) began...
By Denise DePaolo Photos by Dan Thorson “If you’ve ever seen the picture of Earth at night and what’s lit up and what isn’t, we’re where the light doesn’t show up. We’re going where there isn’t a grid.” Brian Gramm holds up...
By Aaron Vidal As one half of the buzz-inducing indie pop act Cults, Brian Oblivion has toured extensively since the success of the group’s debut self-titled album in 2011. A barometer of accomplishment for every traveling musician, Oblivion has managed...
Image by Dan Thorson Photography Geeks unite! When founder and co-executive director of SoDak Con Shareece Tatum attended her first anime convention in Denver, Colo.—Nan Desu Kan (NDK)—she was automatically enthralled by the ambiance and open arms of fellow fans. “I was...
Images by Laura Kate Photography You nominated them. We picked them. We present the 2014 young leaders of the year. Alex Jensen What makes this leader unique is that a lot of his accomplishments are preparing the future leaders of tomorrow: the...

On the Cover

Come Visit

X