Brookings’ Old Market Eatery + Bake Shoppe + Bar is a local favorite for lunch, after work cocktails, and sweet treats. In the February issue of 605 Magazine, the popular restaurant shares recipes for one of its signature martinis and sinful caramel apple cupcakes. In this web extra, baker Lindsey Casey shares her recipe for Caramel Buttercream Frosting.
Caramel Buttercream Frosting
1/2 Cup room temperature butter
2 Cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 T heavy whipping cream, or milk
1 tsp caramel extract
12 popsicle sticks
1 Cup chopped peanuts (or mixed nuts)
You favorite caramel apple toppings.
– In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and vanilla until fluffy.
– Slowly add sugar and continue creaming until well blended.
– Add caramel flavoring and whipping cream at a high speed until fluffy or until frosting forms stiff peaks. (If frosting is too runny, add more powdered sugar. If it’s too thick, add more cream.)
– Once your cake is completely cooled, pipe the caramel frosting on top. Decorate the cupcake with your favorite caramel apple toppings like buts, caramel sauce, and chocolate drizzle.
– Insert a popsicle stick and enjoy!
For Old Market’s Bacon & Brussells Grilled Cheese and Thyme for the Drop Martini recipes click here.